I´m new premier member trying to buy land on auction . when I put bid it´s say to update account?

Murmis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Murmis wrote:

I´m new to all of it and as a new premier member I was trying to buy land on auction . when I put bid it´s saying to update account ? and want let me bid

I think there's a waiting period after you become Premium before you can place bids in an auction. In any event, there's a much simpler way to buy Mainland. Go in-world, pull up the World Map, turn on the "Land Sales" option and all the land that's currently being offered for sale will show up in yellow with a price tag showing how much it is. You'll have many more choices of lots and don't have to worry about bidding.

• Like 1

If you are buying land at auction, then by definition it is on the Mainland.  You cannot own land on the Mainland unless you are a Premium member of SL.  Since you are a Premium member, the other problem, as Sven says, is that you are only 3 days old.  You have to be in SL for at least 14 days before you can bid on land at auction.  Wait a couple of weeks.  Meanwhile, read the Auction FAQ.

You have two other options:

1. You may buy land in a private estate, which basically means that you pay the owner of that estate a weekly or monthly maintenance fee the same way that you would pay Linden Lab a land use fee on a Mainland parcel.

2. You may rent land anywhere in SL. 

Renting and owning each have advantages, just as they do in RL, and you will hear plenty of discussion among residents about the merits of living on the Mainland vs. a private estate. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.