I have a adult 1/4 sim, Not sure how to make my money off it.

boozey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I currently have a 1/4 sim paid off for 2 monts,  Tried making a clubwith stores around it, spent alot of money and time making it look good.  I just wan to be able to make my money off of it and possibly make enough to continue paying rent without uploading.  Any suggestions?

3 answers to this question

Hi.

Congratulations on being a landowner.  It's not easy to make money in real estate, and it takes a lot of work to maintain a region and respond to all the questions and demands from tenants.  I barely make ends meet most months myself.  A smaller area like a 1/4 region isn't much easier, especially since you are a tenant yourself and have to deal with the region owner and all the other tenants on the region.

Potential tenants are more likely to be attracted to a well-designed region than a flat boring one, all other things being equal.  It helps to have terraformed the region to provide logical cues to how the land might be used -- natural barriers like ridges and valleys, ponds, etc can help.  A basic layout of streets or pathways helps too.  The idea is to give potential tenants a feel for how the land might be used without restricting their own creative ideas too much.  People who rent commonly want to be able to personalize the space as much as possible, so try to set a general theme and then stand back. 

Having said all of that, it's not true that"if you build it, they will come."  I have tried that myself and had little luck.  Developers in RL try to get a commitment from at least one "anchor" tenant who will bring in a fair amount of traffic and attract other good tenants.  That's what JC Penney or Macy's are there for in a typical mall.  And it's why small shops tend to rent around the chain grocery stores.  In your case, the trick is going to be attracting that big club owner to be your anchor.  You may be planning to be that club owner.  If so, you'll have to put major effort into making it a big success.  That's hard, because most clubs lose money.  You'll need to plan events, get good DJs and other staff, and do what you can to get the word out.  And be prepared to bleed L$ for a while.

The bottom line, I think, is that you can't realistically expect real estate to make you rich in SL.  You have to own it because you enjoy it, and then hope that it comes close to paying for itself.  Make your land someplace that you would enjoy visiting.  Invite the sorts of people that you would like to spend time with.  Start a group that shares a common interest and start holding meetings on your land.  Get other people involved in planning.

• Like 3

Clubs don't make money. Ever.

Every club owner is in the business for fun, not to get rich. And inworld stores don't bring in money either, since a lot traffic went to the marketplace and an inworld store isn't needed so much anymore.

The rental business is not an easy thing too, but you could try to fnd yourself a niche, in which you can exist next to the big estates. Provide something that people would like to pay for. Make something unique and lovly with your place...something where you would say "I want to live there!"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.