I got a premium account. How do I set up a sandbox on my parcel?

CytheriaRayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok, so I upgraded to a premium account and it said it comes with a sandbox feature but damned if I can figure out how to set it up. Everytime I try to rez something like clothing it tells me it cant because the parcel is too full. But its just like a dress or something, not even furniture that I am trying to rez so why wont it let me do it?

3 answers to this question

Not quite.  Your Premium account gives you access to Premium sandboxes, so you don't have to create objects in a general public sandbox somewhere.  Find the premium sandboxes through the Second Life Destination Guide: http://secondlife.com/destinations/premium/sandboxes.

In point of fact, though, you don't need to use a sandbox of any kind if you own land, because you can always rez objects on your own land.  If you have a Linden Home, for example, your prim allowance there is 117, so you may rez whatever you like until you have used up that allowance.  At that point, you'll get that message that the parcel is full, so you'll either have to delete something to drop below the 117 prim limit again or find another spot to rez things --- like a Premium sandbox.

If you are on your land and you wonder how much more you can rez before you hit the limit, open World >>> About Land >>> Objects and look.  Parcel Land Impact is the number you have already rezzed.  Parcel Land Capacity is the limit on that parcel.

• Like 3

Rezing in Second Life:

All rezed objects have a Land Impact number, formerly called "prims". Every piece of land has a limit to how much it can hold. Generally, the larger the land the more it can hold. Worn attachments count differently from objects rezed on the ground (the limit is higher for worn objects).

Additionally, you need to have permission to rez objects on any piece of land. Generally, the owner, who is paying for that land, decides who is allowed to rez on his or her land. You do not need permission to wear an object directly from your inventory. You can do that anywhere. If you own the land, by default you can rez objects on it up to its maximum capacity, and can keep them rezed as long as you keep up your payments for that land.

Sandbox is a special term. It means a land that is open to the public, where anyone can rez objects up to the limit of the land's capacity. However, there is usually a time limit - your rezed object will be sent back to your inventory after a few hours. Many Linden owned public sandboxes exist. Some are open to every avatar, others are only open to avatars with premium accounts. Use the search function to find the locations of public sandboxes. See also: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Premium-membership/ta-p/1054477

• Like 1

When you say rez a dress... if it is a rezzable dress that means it is a mesh item. Some dresses carry a HUGE Land Impact (LI) cost. They can very easy exceed your prim limit.

When wearing these clothes we don't notice the high LI cost as no one is charged. We do experience the lag produced by them.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.