Hi, how can I allow a friend to live with me in my home

BenQazer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Anyone can live anywhere (as long as the rent gets paid).  To allow all the usual rights to other people, but not everyone (bad idea!) is to create a group, make sure there are at least 2 members of the group (or it will be deleted), deed the land to the group and, finally, allow your friend land-rights in their role in the group.

(No doubt one of the other helpers has a link to all this in a step-by-step form ...)

You will have to create a group first. Then....

1. Stand in your land and click About Land >>> General and SET (not DEED) your land to the group.

2. Navigate to About Land >>> Options and set access privileges to allow only group members to creat objects or bring objects onto the land.

3. Open the Group's information page and navigate to Members & Roles >>> Roles

4. Highlight the Officer role and check/uncheck any abilities that you want a group officer to have.

5. Go back to the Members tab and click Invite.  Use the name picker to find your friend's name and then Add your friend as a group Officer.  Send the invitation.

When your friend accepts the invitation, s/he will become an officer in your new group and will have the abilities you have assigned.  It is important NOT to make your friend a co-owner of the group.  Once you do that, there is absolutely no way to remove him/her later.  Friendships and partnerships in SL dissolve very easily, but group ownership is forever.  The only person that you can safely make a co-owner is your own alt.  I advise you to do that as soon as possible.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.