HOW DID THE PARCEL OF LAND i PURCHASED GET CHANGED?

SparkyinTX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I purxhased a fairly large parcel of land a few days ago.  During the process of payment and change of ownership, the seller and I talked.  I told him that the first time I teleported to the area to look at what was selling, I didn't land on the parcel he was selling but rather on the much smaller beach front strip at the front of the area and that I intended to use his parcel and link it with the beachfront property.  The next day I tp'd back and my name was on the large parcel.  But, when I tp'd there yesterday, I landed back on the beach front property again.  When I checked, my name was on it and the original sellers name was back on the large parcel I had purchased (for a very large amount of L$).

So now I am totally confused.  How is it that my purchase got changed and my name was removed from the parcel I bought and put on the much smaller parcel that is on the beach front?  Yes, I had inteded to wirte to the Mayor and request that he sell that beach front parcel to me, but I hadn't done that yet and I neede to save up my L$ before I asked about it. And what happend to that large chunk of L$ I had used to purchase that much larger area?  Now I have to get in touch with the Mayor ASAP to try to buy the larger parcel directly behind me so I will have enough prims for my house and furniture.

I don't know what or how this hapened.  Can you help explain it to me?

Thanks 

Sparky

3 answers to this question

No, I truly can't.  It sounds as if the seller may have been just as confused as I am about exactly what was supposed to happen.  I assume that the Mayor (he's the region owner, maybe?) could sort it out if you and the seller can't agree on what's supposed to happen.  Somehow, the two (or three) of you will have to talk it out calmly and carefully.  Nobody else has the authority to do anything.

• Like 2

If this is a private estate, then any money you paid to the current "owner" is between you and him.  You may still need to pay the estate owner a tier payment.  Please read the Covenant very carefully and then discuss matters both with the current owner and the estate owner.

• Like 1

If you were shown as the owner of the property there is no way he could have taken it back.  Check your transaction history and make sure it has a record of your payment to the seller for the land.  If it is there, file a support ticket with LL and include the transaction record.  I've heard of a few cases where this has happened, not because the seller took the land back, but because of a glitch in SL or a rollback of the region that LL did.  LL will be able to straighten it out for you.  Just be sure the seller doesn't still have it for sale.  You will probably have to explain to them what happened.

If your transaction record does not show the sale and payment, you will just need to buy it again.  Tell the seller what happened and ask that he set it for sale only to you so no one else can buy it until you get there to buy it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.