Do I have any recourse options on having land sold out from under me?

SerenityTaylor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I purchased a half sim parcel and paid my  tier well ahead. When I had about 2 1/2 weeks left on my tier the sim owner sold the sim without letting any of the tenants know. Now the new sim owner is demanding payment for the weeks I've already paid for. Do I have any way of getting back the tier I paid for the space I no longer own?

2 answers to this question

Not unless the previous owner refunds it. I would contact her and demand a refund of the excess rent you paid. If she refuses there is nothing you can do about it. LL would consider this a resident to resident dispute and not enter into it. In the future just pay the minimum amount you can unless you know you will be absent from SL due to a vacation or something.

No, I'm afraid not.  The sim owner has complete authority over rules and financial matters, and if s/he sells or abandons the estate, the next owner can set brand new rules. Your rental arrangement with the previous landlord isn't binding on the new landlord. You didn't pay tier. You paid rent to the landlord, and he paid the tier to Linden Lab.  As far as LL is concerned, you will have to settle any disagreement between yourself and the previous landlord yourself.  (TOS, Sect 6: "We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users.")

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.