Bidding at land auction

Mjke

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Auctions not accepting my bids - despite being a premium member.  Why?

I guess the first port of call is the timing issue - yes, my premium membership is only a matter of hours, not days.  Still, it's frustrating that that this isn't mentioned anywhere (at least, I didn't notice being mentioned) - I only took out premium membership in order to be able to bid on a particular piece of land - which someone els now has :(

5 answers to this question

If you have just become a premium member it can take up to 24 hours for the system to recognise you as one so you can bid in the auctions. If 24 hours have passed I'd suggest trying live chat to figure out what wen't wrong.

Did you just become Premium within the past 24 hours? If so, the news may not have propogated all through the system yet.  Otherwise, it may be a browser issue.  Try clearing your browser's cache first, and disable AdBlock Plus if you have been using it.  If those two steps don't help, try using a different browser.  SL websites like Opera and Firefox; IE not so much.

I'm sorry you missed out on the land parcel you had your eye on.

However, it's not all gloom.  Your Premium membership is a *requirement* if you want to own ANY land on the Mainland.  Plus, it comes with several other worthwhile benefits...a $L300 weekly stipend (paid every Tuesday) and a $L1,000 bonus after 45 days of Premium membership.  Plus you can get a free Linden Home to live in until you find your next Ideal Spot.  You get access to Premium-only sandboxes, and access to much better technical support, and Live Chat.

Remember, the land auctions are only one way to find and buy Mainland.  There are also the land forums here on this website, and ads for land in the Marketplace.  Better yet, you can use Search and/or the Map in world to find land for sale...and the selection is much, much, greater than you'll find in the Auction listings.

I teach a class on virtual land topics on Fridays, 5 pm SL Time, at Caledon Oxbridge University.  It's free to attend.  I hope to see you there!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.