script to send party invites & inventory item

walterwhiteSr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ok this noob needs a script or a product, that will allow me to send out party invites & inventory objects (notecard, object, pic, texture) to a list, PLUS the ability to sent a PERSONAL IM, not a locat chat message.  I have tried one popular product from MP has cute red round mailbox, it works great.  BUT they say sends IMs it doesn't it sends local chat message, which are typically ignored.  Somewhere I read that maybe objects can't send IMs only local chat  messages.  But I get IMs from SL business all the time, and I get IMs from some products like greeters I use for my parties, so I know the ability is there.  HELP please!

NOTE:  I am not using this for business, or spam..  we like to have parties with our friends.. and our list is getting long, last party had 66 invites.. and hard to send IM + invitation object *card, to that many..  I am not going to create a group, because that means new people will require a 2nd list who are NOT on the group. 

OK I was wrong the greeter only sends to local..   However at our last party only 2 weeks ago, I used some product, maybe our contest board, that was sending me IMs as people joined ...   Will have to drag out all the activities we had then to find out which it was.. lol

A script can send IM's ( llInstantMessage ) or ( llRegionSayTo (same sim) ) but as mentioned they are shown in the local window.

Only avatars or bots can send you an IM that will show in a new window.

You can send a dialog box by ( llDialog ) thats an extra window that requires to be clicked off.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.