parcel ban & group land

Dancy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi !

llManageEstateAccess(ESTATE_ACCESS_BANNED_AGENT_ADD, keyAgent) works when the script is in an object deeded to the group which owns the land and the owner of the object and script is a group member having the necessary rights granted.

Does anyone know why llAddToLandBanList(keyAgent, 0) does not (both functions in consecutive lines in the same script)?

Any hint is greatly appeciated :) Thank you!

... the script is in
an object deeded to the group
which owns the land and
the owner of the object and script is a group member
having the necessary rights granted.

It must be either one or the other: either the object is owned by (deeded to) the group, or it's owned by an individual.

If it's owned by an individual, really neither of these functions should work reliably. That's because the way such things are supposed to work is to check whether the owner currently has the necessary rights -- something that could change at any time, so it's supposed to check this every time, and only succeed if the person is in the sim at the time (or very recently).

Now, I could make up a story about how they screwed up and let the Estate management function operate when it should really fail, but I don't see a jira to that effect, and I've never used it, so I don't know.

If on the other hand the object really is deeded to group, not owned by an individual, then both functions should work, and then I guess we'd need more specifics of the failure condition to figure out what's wrong.

Am trying to make clear what I am saying and what happened:

Region owned by group.

Object  with script: Both owned by owner of the region group.

Object had been deeded to the region group.

keyAgent from avatar present on the sim

these are the two consecutive lines copied from the script: 

llAddToLandBanList(keyAgent, 0);
llManageEstateAccess(ESTATE_ACCESS_BANNED_AGENT_ADD, keyAgent);

parcel ban did not add avatar to parcel ban list 

estate ban did add avatar to the estate ban list

and I need to add: the region is one single parcel and parcel ban is not full at all

Again, an object can have only one owner, and when an object is deeded to a group its owner is that group. Hence, these cannot both be true simultaneously:

Object  with script: Both owned by owner of the region group.

Object had been deeded to the region group.

For functions such as these to work reliably, the object must be owned by the landowning group, not by any individual member of the group, regardless of their title in the group. (Just in case: there's not confusion here between "deeding" and "setting" an object to group, right? Because merely setting the object to group will not be enough.)

If that's not the problem, then I guess I'd wonder if that specific avatar can be added to that specific parcel banlist manually.

Ok, I am sorry, my explanation was still insufficient. 

The group owner created a new prim.

The group owner put an own script into the prim.

The group owner deeded the prim to the group.

The group owner touched the prim and started the script.

Estate ban worked, parcel ban did not work.

Got it. In that case, seeing no reason for such a script to fail, I'd still suspect that the problem is not in the script, but in the underlying parcel-banning functionality, and that the specific agent could not be banned on that specific parcel, even manually, so I'd suggest trying that first, and checking that the script still fails (not an intermittent problem with the sim), and fails for other target agents. 

[EDIT: We were typing at the same time, apparently. That would be quite clever of the sim, to avoid wasting a parcel banlist slot on an agent who is already on the Estate banlist. To be honest, though, I wouldn't expect it to be that clever, so... dunno.]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.