llTeleportAgent() and a lot more are coming!

Kaluura Boa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For those who missed the news: SL Game Regions

If you have a Premium account and a mesh-aware client at your disposal, here is a TP link to Nysray.

In short, we will soon get a lot of new functions to create in-world games where avatars turn into game characters.

Amongst the obvious new functions, there should be (something close to) llTeleportAgent() and llForceAttach(). (For the rest, I did not see anything that could not be done with already existing functions... but I am not in the secret of the grid gods, so...)

The Stargate people will be happy because that is what stands in Nysray: You cross the threshold of a portal and you are teleported into a game region. No dialog, no map, no nothing! From my chat history:

[2011/11/04 15:08]  Second Life: You have been teleported by the object 'Shimmering Rift' on the parcel 'Premium Zone'.
[2011/11/04 15:08]  Second Life: Teleport completed from http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nysray/12/7/56
[2011/11/04 15:08]  Welcome to LR!: Welcome to LR! Please wait while we load your game interface
[2011/11/04 15:08]  Second Life: You have been teleported by the object 'Welcome to LR!' on the parcel 'Summoning Circle'.
[2011/11/04 15:08]  <>: <> LR 8, not on a mainland continent. Grid: (1142, 1208)

(The last line is from my gadget which tells me where I land.)

You can already see that you get a full message "Teleport completed" when you are TP'd from region to region but not within the same region.

And the "game interface" is a HUD which jumps on your screen... also no dialog, no permission, just silence!

A glitch happened and the HUD that is supposed to disappear when you TP away stayed on screen. I detached it manually after arriving at home and...

[2011/11/04 18:52]  <>: <> Dunnideer on Sansara continent. Grid: (1031, 992)
[2011/11/04 18:53]  Second Life: You have been teleported by the object 'LR HUD 5.17' on the parcel '(redacted)'.

Meaning: This llTeleportAgent() function is already gridwide. :matte-motes-evil-invert:

I think I am going to have some fun (and frustration) trying to find the syntax...

the teleport when u detach the HUD is a bug i think. it says on the web page that they will fix

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Project-LR-Frequently-Asked-Questions/ta-p/1057471

"If you detach your HUD outside of Project LR, then you will teleport into mid-air, in your current region.  This is a bug that the team is fixing"

is true lol. i get chucked up into sky when i detach on my home sim

is a fun game. i get 28L off it so far by collect the green and blue crystals and redeem on the color machine thingys at the base camp. i have like over a 100 of the other colors but they not seem to be worth anything. just can use to get a task i think. i do one of the tasks but only get 1L for completing it so. maybe is other tasks but i not work out how to get more money off them yet. is quite addictive to play tho (:

An interesting development indeed. I've trolled the obvious repositories but they haven't gotten an LSL compiler update in 6 months :matte-motes-frown:

The function probably has some creator-land ownership requirement or simulator flag that must be enabled.

Try using the function in the game sim?

Strife Onizuka wrote:

The function probably has some creator-land ownership requirement or simulator flag that must be enabled.

Try using the function in the game sim?

According to the wiki there are indeed some restrictions, but even when obeying them all it doesn't seem to work - not even inside the game sim. I did notice that the "entry" sim uses a different version than the rest of SL, and the game sim is a special simulator apparently.

My guess is that the LSL wiki description is inaccurate and there are additional requirements for this to work. It compiles fine with that function, but that's it. No errors when triggering it, nothing to indicate just what it doesn't like.

Nope, llTeleportAgent() does nothing, not even on an LR region, not on touch, not on collision... Nothing. I'm really disappointed...

I checked the owner of the portal in Nysray and, no, the object does not need to be deeded to land group. A piece of the puzzle is missing. A new permission? A new event?

Any way, I wonder why such a useless function compiles gridwide for both Mono and LSO while it is not even supposed to be available at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Some observations:

1. the wiki function template compiles.
  2. the portal prims with the teleport script also have a LM asset.
  3. there is a new constant PERMISSION_TELEPORT with the value 4096.  Requesting the perm always fails (returns 0 to  and never results in a popup.
  4. the LR portals aren't group deeded and aren't owned by the land owner.
  5. the teleport function of the hud seems to work anywhere - there is a known bug with it that if you TP away, the game hud will TP you into the sky of whatever sim you are in until it detaches itself.

Still no dice on getting it to actually work for me, though. :matte-motes-crying:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Stumbled across this while trying to google teleportation without intervention, but really doing my head in.. 

I know the star-gates do it, but am looking for a solution such that when you walk through the door of one of my products, you are teleported to the position automatically as opposed to having to touch the teleport button on the map (makes it less fun for the user)

That's how it's done.  llTeleportAgent will teleport the owner of a scripted object, but no one else unless the object is used in an Experience.  That's by design.  If you visit Linden Lab game environments like PaleoQuest, Horizons, Cornfield, and Linden Realm, every teleport that you run into is managed that way, because players are always in an Experience.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.