shymus Roffo
0 Kudos

how to make an SL bot.

i have been trying to figure out how to make SL bots for simple things like instant inviters and group notices, i have'nt figured out where to find sources to create or tutorials.

Rolig Loon
0 Kudos

Re: how to make an SL bot.

Reply to shymus Roffo - view message

You don't need a bot for anything as simple as a thingee to hand out group invitations and LMs.  You can do that sort of thing with a one-prim box and a script with about ten lines of code.  If you really want something that looks like an av, you can either make one yourself with sculpties or mesh, if you have the skill, or you can buy one in Marketplace.  If you want it to wave its arms or bow servilely,  you can use a program like Puppteer or Open Prim Animator.

Of course, it you have your heart set on a bot, you can do that.  See >>> https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Bot .

Not as dumb as I look
shymus Roffo
0 Kudos

Reply to Rolig Loon - view message

i knew you would say something with prims :smileytongue: but thats not really what i am trying to do, right now i'm working on a website that allows bots to send notices in world from new annoucements on the site.

Ela Talaj
0 Kudos

Reply to shymus Roffo - view message

A bot is a text client, installable on your PC just like a regular SL viewer. It is simpler than a full-blown graphic viewer but if you are not an experienced C++/C# programmer you are not going to make one. Fortunately there are bots already made, available for free. Google Metabolt.

Elegant Solutions by The Gold Club