Why might a scripted object not be able to give inventory to an attached object?

Life Camino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm working on a content installer for an attached object and while the object is attached I am unable to use the installer to give it non-transferable inventory.  However, the installer works fine on objects that are transferable to me while the object is attached and it works fine with non-transferable inventory items when the object is rezzed out, rather than attached.

I keep getting a message that says, "Unable to give inventory: 'Destination did not accept'." whenever I try to use the installer to give a non-transferable inventory item to the object while it is attached - but, no problem when the object is not attached.

Can anyone tell me what is going on?  Thanks.

Attached objects change the way they behave in respponse to certain actions, for example not allowing another avatar to sit on the attachment. I looked a tthis wiki page nnd although your precise behavious isn't described there, the description of no-copy transfers being blocked whilst attached does sound very similar.

It may sound familiar because there was a longstanding bug that really crippled scripted updating for a time. That specific behavior has changed, but there's still plenty of peculiarity about what works and doesn't with worn attachments.

The (currently) last comment on that jira, from Maestro, suggests that not accepting no-transfer contents is expected... although it's not immediately obvious to me why. Maybe further study would reveal why worn attachments would change permissions of accepted contents.

While the problem does still exist, I did discover a work-around for it

The problem seems to be that the HUD I am wearing and all of its contents are full perm to me and the bug prevents me from adding any inventory that is no transfer to me, while I'm wearing the HUD.

The work-around for it is to rez the HUD in world and drag and drop any no transfer item into contents and take it back to inventory.  This action makes the HUD no transfer to me.  Once the HUD is no transfer to me, I can then add other no transfer items using a scripted object (an install orb) while I am wearing the HUD without the error.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.