Vehicle behaviours

Poltergeist Azarov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Poltergeist,

It's all about mass, and as you increase the size of the vehicle, it becomes more massive (and quickly so, x^^3! or x*y*z). Add a scale factor to all the motors that's the cube of the ratio of your vehicle size to the reference size.

It's been ages since I've done a vehicle, but I think this is the least fiddly way. And you could make the scale factor adjust automatically by querying the size of one axis of the root prim if you preserve aspect ratio when scaling the thing or all three if you don't.

Yeah, that should do it. Make that call on your reference vehicle and save the result as a constant (initialized variable). Then, on_rez, get the current mass and divide it by that to get your scale factor. Gravity will take care of itself, so no need to apply the scale factor there, if you're using gravity.

I think I am not really following the right way, I dont know... 

When I increase mass to 950, right value is to get straight behaviour: VEHICLE_LINEAR_MOTOR_OFFSET, <0.0,-12.0,-30.0>

Then decided to use -(llGetMass/30) instead of -30. It did not really work when I decreased Mass to around 700. Because the right values (which gives me same behaviours) are: VLMO, <0.0,-6.0,-12.0> something when llGetMass returns 700. I didnt find a way to calculate that, so far. :\

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.