Updating objects using Secondbot. Problem after teleporting in the same sim.

CSTEST

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi to all!

I have many objects in Second Life that I need to update from time to time. They situated on different sims (my and my friends). For this purpose I use Secondbot (http://secondbot.net/).

Update process in short is:

1. Bot teleports to destination object in certain sim. If landing point is set for sim, then Bot stays there.

2. Bot sends new version of object (NVO) to old version of object (OVO) via Secondbot command ("GiveInventoryItem2Obj###"+uuid+"###"+uuid_of_item_to_send). 

3. OVO rezzes NVO and dies.

Sometimes I get an error "Could not find object in the region", BUT Bot is in 1m beside the object!

This error occures when Bot tries to update objects in the same sim (Bot teleports everytime, no matter where new object is) and VERY rare after teleporting from the other sim.

What can be the reason of such problem. Any opinions are welcome!

Sounds like a bug in this Secondbot stuff, which is not the LSL scripting of this forum.

At this point, I doubt anybody could be bothered to fix a bug in old bot software. I don't know anything about that software, but I'll guess that it's trying to give the updated object from the bot's own inventory. What might work better is to just use the bot software to flit from sim to sim, and then upon arrival use an attached LSL script to llGiveInventory from the attachment's contents to the object(s) to be updated in that sim.

Or, maybe you could try introducing some delay before trying to give from the bot's inventory, if you haven't tried that already. Admittedly, that's grasping at straws, especially in light of the bug arising more often after a within-sim teleport.

Qie Niangao, thx for your reply!

Actually I first use the method you've described ("use an attached LSL script to llGiveInventory from the attachment's contents to the object(s)"), but there are some SIMs where execution of scripts not from owner is prohibited.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.