Understanding llRezObject

anselm Hexicola

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can someone enlighten me?

Say I have a single-prim object in a linkset's Inventory.

I define an offset, ( let's say <x,y,z> ).

OK I then get my single-prim object to pop up using:-

llRezObject(llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_OBJECT,0),llGetPos()+ <x,y,z>,ZERO_VECTOR,rez_rot,start_param);

All fine; then the newly rezzed object gets linked to the parent linkset using:-

llCreateLink(id,TRUE);

I get all that done OK;but when I ask where the rezzed and subsequently linked object is..

vector added_prim_pos= llList2Vector(llGetLinkPrimitiveParams(added_prim,[PRIM_POS_LOCAL]),0);
llOwnerSay((string)added_prim_pos);

... themessage I get in Chat is "<p,q,r>".

Now I was expecting <p,q,r> to be the same as <x,y,z>, but it isn't!

My understanding would have been that the PRIM_POS_LOCAL vector returned by llGetLinkPrimitiveParams should have been the same as the offset used in llRezObject (assuming that nothing had altered position in the meantime); but no ...

I know I am missing something, but have puzzled at for a couple of sessions now and just cant figure it out.

I assume you made sure "added_prim" is the correct value for the link number so the only thing I can think of is the rotation of the rezzing prim/linkset, if it is rotated even just slightly, it might be the reason.

Don't forget the position in llRezObject is relative to the world (ZERO_ROTATION), while PRIM_POS_LOCAL will give a position relative to the linkset rotation value, so chances are it's gonna be different if you rotated the linkset.

Ah yes; you were spot-on.

vector added_prim_pos= llList2Vector(llGetLinkPrimitiveParams(added_prim,[PRIM_POS_LOCAL]),0);vector adjusted_pos=added_prim_pos*llGetRot();llOwnerSay((string)adjusted_pos);

Now the vector given in Chat is the same as the original offset added to llGetPos() used in llRezObject.

Blindingly obvious now you have pointed it out! Thanks.

(The linkset was a mesh upload, and I hadn't even noticed that it wasn't at ZERO_ROTATION; which was something I should have sorted in Blender before export and upload to SL; but that's another story ....)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.