Turning avatar to the camera side

Poltergeist Azarov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The avatar walks into the direction the camera points but does not look there. Not quite sure if there is a setting.

Animations are played viewer side. The server does not know the lokation nor the direction of the avatar if an animation changed that.

There is no script function to rotate the avatar or set the direction you look at. You can only set a point to go to.

Thats why avatars move weird in a firefight :) I don't see a solution.

Few days ago, (if I am not wrong) I saw a gun that forces avatar to "sidewalk" when agent pushes A-D buttons to move right-left. This must be an animation then, which turns your avatar 90 degrees left 'visually' when you move right in mouselook by using A-D keys. Sounds neat to me; at least much better than nothing. Thanks Nova... :)

yes. thats the way to do it

avatar will strafe when press Shift A or Shift D (left right) in 3PV (SL default). A or D (no shift) in FPV (mouselook). The SL default animation will turn and walk/run in the direction of the strafe. The camera dont turn while strafing

you on the right track

for combats make a animation that will keep the avatar facing the same way as the camera when strafing. Like shuffle sideways when in walk mode. Jump sideways when in run mode. Play it on control key press as you are thinking

is pretty cool combats that do that

Poltergeist Azarov wrote:

Oh hey Chin, I dont really understand what you mean, sorry :\ Can you say it different way please.

I can give it a try at least.

It is possible to use a script to temporarily change the regular camera position to just about anything you like, including the same 1st person view that you get in mouselook. If you do it that way, everything else work as usual, you have full access to all your menus and buttons and dialog windows, the avatar's body will always turn the way the camera is pointing etc.

That won't solve the problems with AOs and other animations making the avatar turn their head every now and then of course. The only solution I can think of for that is to use custom animations.

I think, things might get complicated when you try to make your own mouselook thing. However, theres something that would work perfectly fine. (I think ) the way of making it is adding a gun on to the HUD screen and give it some dynamic movements during runs and walks. Also, another gun has to be added to the hand of avatar. Whenever avatar gets in mouselook mode, HUD gun appears. What you folks think?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.