Trouble with texture change script

CadenzaInVivace

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm having trouble with my texture change script for objects with large amount of prims (50-100). It works but around 5-10% of prims are always left untextured, it's random prims. I'm guessing it's because of lag and the function is not executed properly a few times. I'm using llSetLinkPrimitiveParams and llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast, both have the same problem. This is my code: http://codepaste.net/vwsfti Can someone take a look and see what the problem is and offer some suggestions? Thanks.

Before driving yourself crazy, check to be sure others see the same parts of the object failing to update. I believe you may be seeing a bug in transmission of updates between sim and viewer, where different viewers will see different things. I seem to think there's a viewer setting that affects the problem, but off the top of my head I can't recall which viewer setting.

At first glance, and since you mentioned optimization, a couple of things: Firstly, it's not ideal to call llGetListLength(num0) each time you test for loop completion; it's slightly more efficient to call that function once and store the result in a variable, then test against that variable.

But a much bigger deal is to call llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast only once per linkset, with one long parameter list that steps through the linkset with PRIM_LINK_TARGET.

Unfortunately, however, none of this is guaranteed to make your problem go away.

The linden Homes house control system does something like that. It's only been around for five years so it's still in beta but when it works, it seems to retexture the house in stages with pauses between them raher than in one big swwop. That might be the solution.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.