TempAttach fail

Poltergeist Azarov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are you sure the side of the HUD you see is face 4 of a normal cube prim?   That is, if you rez it on the ground and turn the ruler mode to Local in the edit tools, is the red arrow going into the face you see by default?

If not, then rebuilding the hud so the business face is face 4 is the first priority.

The second possibility is that, if the hud is made of mesh and  prim both, you may have problems getting it to attack.  I know it's an issue with temp attaching prim+mesh huds using the experience tools,  but I don't know about using run_time_permissions.  

That's worth checking, if the HUD is of mixed construction, but check the rotation first.

Another trivial possibilty is that the HUD may be attaching outside the visible edges of your screen.  That happens to me whenever I attach a HUD at one of the corners. Use your Edit tool to select any other HUD and then scroll your mouse wheel in so you can see what's outside the boundaries.

Let me make this more clear.

I tried to debug it by sending messages from HUD to myself. HUD is there, worn on center HUD but cant see it. Tried to move it to center by setting its pos to ZERO_VECTOR, nothing happend. 

I think the most important hint is the message color I got by llOwnerSay()... Its not really yellow; its a little dark yellow. This made me think that HUD is far away from the Avatar some ways even if its already worn on center HUD. 

There are no meshes on it by the way. Just regular prims... No no-trans pieces, no invisible faces and such.:matte-motes-stress:

I am not at all sure the colour of the message signifies anything in particular, since llOwnerSay carries all over sim.

Be that as it may, do you know what rotation the object has as its default rotation?   Can you rez a copy on the ground and check, with the local ruler on,  what arrow is going into/coming out of the face you expect to see but don't?

In that case, Innula's first guess is probably right.  You have the HUD turned around so that you're either seeing it on a transparent textured side or a very thin edge.  That can happen if you aren't careful to put your textures and touchable surfaces on face 4 (the "west" face).

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.