Switching URL On A PRim - Script with Menu

KovanS

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I am very new to scripting in LSL so I am writing this to see if I can get any help or anyone can point me in the right dirction.

I am trying to make one side of a prim to show my webpage (display one only at any one time) and give people the choice to choose between 2 webpages and restrict them only to these two wenpage.

So I am looking for a script that when click shows a menu to choose either one or the other webpage. And once click the prim will display one of the page on one face. The prim will be resticted to only display these two webpage so that when people tries to go to google for exmaple, it will always load either one of the two webpage.

Apprecite any one who knows can help me on this.

Thanks

I think that the best way to do that would be to create a 3rd web page and have the options for the other two on that page. Then set the 3rd page as the prim media. When you set that up go to the Customize tab and deselect the options for Anyone.

This avoids using a script. If for some reason you have to have a script then this is a good place to start in the LSL Wiki: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSetPrimMediaParams

In theory you can restrict the URLs that can appear on the media face of a prim.  I say in theory because when I've added the media home page to the list I can no longer view it on the prim.   Perhaps it's an error on my part.  This can be done without a script.  The options are there in the build dialog.

You also have options in the build dialog that can limit who can navigate & interact with the media face.  Using those options you could limit page changes to those selected by yourself or your URL setting script/menu system.

llSetLinkMedia or llSetPrimMediaParams can set the current media URL to one of the two pages you want to show.

I'm thinking if you don't allow 'anyone' to navigate or interact with your media (webpage) they won't be able to select additional pages via a primary webpage.

"I'm thinking if you don't allow 'anyone' to navigate or interact with your media (webpage) they won't be able to select additional pages via a primary webpage."

That's true, but if you just deselect the Show Control Bar option for Anyone (and maybe also Group) that would work because you can still interact but you don't have an address bar. 

Just my opinion but I would go with scriptless if I could in this case.

Ohjiro Watanabe wrote:

"I'm thinking if you don't allow 'anyone' to navigate or interact with your media (webpage) they won't be able to select additional pages via a primary webpage."

That's true, but if you just deselect the Show Control Bar option for Anyone (and maybe also Group) that would work because you can still interact but you don't have an address bar. 

Just my opinion but I would go with scriptless if I could in this case.

I hadn't thought of that.  No control bar or even the mini control bar.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.