Suggested New Flag - OBJECT_SIT_TARGETS

Charliedru Lannock

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's possible this is in the wrong forum / topic, since I'd like to suggest this idea to LL as a new function for LSL because I want to do very awesome things with this.

It'd be nice to have a flag that is OBJECT_SIT_TARGETS with the following functionality:

list object_targets = llGetObjectDetails( objUUID , [OBJECT_SIT_TARGETS] );

This function should return a list / array of vector sit targets for the object being scanned.

The order of the list should be as such:

Option 1) Strided List in format Link Number, Vector, Rot:

object_targers = [linkNumber1, vector1, rot1, linkNumber2, vector2, rot2, linkNumber3, vector3, rot3..., linkNumberN, vectorN, rotN];

Where 1,2,3, ... , N represents the amount of Sit Targets for this object, with the limit of returns being N=5 (or 15 entries, to be conservative for script memory).

Option 2) Normal List in format Vector1, Rot1, Vector2, Rot2, ... , VectorN, RotN, where the Index for each 2 entries is the Link Number. (Possible if sit target parameter is a prim property and cannot hold multiple values for the same prim, which is how I believe the system works...I think stuff like AVSitter retains the multiple sit targets only in LSL memory and just manually positions avatars based on how many are seated).

However, Option 1) would allow you to return say, only link numbers 3, 6, and 20 for an object that only has for example 3 sit targets and 20 prims.

A list of single entry ZERO_VECTOR should be returned for an object with no Sit Target.

Purpose of this function:

This function would allow prims or objects to scan for Avatar Sit Targets on other prims (not part of the same object / LSL script). Even prims owned by others. This would enable your object to know the Sit Target and adjust itself accordingly.

For example, in the case of breedable pets, the pet could detect the sit target then "Sit" on the prim itself. Using a method to detect if an avatar is sitting on the prim currently, or simply using CastRay you could auto-adjust the "Pet" to properly sit on the lap of an avatar seated on a prim, according to the prim's properly Sit Target.

Thanks for reading. I hope something like this gets made.

CDru

EDIT TO ADD:
I noticed that I can post this now on the JIRA as a "New Feature" thanks to a post that was pretty much right below this one, lol. Will do this soon, good to know there's an official method to recommend this. Any feedback from others users is also welcome. After all, they probably won't implement it without the votes. xD

Charliedru Lannock wrote:

Purpose of this function:

This function would allow prims or objects to scan for Avatar Sit Targets on other prims (not part of the same object / LSL script). Even prims owned by others. This would enable your object to know the Sit Target and adjust itself accordingly.

For example, in the case of breedable pets, the pet could detect the sit target then "Sit" on the prim itself. Using a method to detect if an avatar is sitting on the prim currently, or simply using CastRay you could auto-adjust the "Pet" to properly sit on the lap of an avatar seated on a prim, according to the prim's properly Sit Target.

This is pretty hopeless. In practice, a sit target is so much a function of the sit animation that these sit target-posed breedables would end up many meters away from where the seated avatar appears when animated -- except when the animation is strictly controlled, and in those controlled cases it would be much easier to simply share "pet sit targets" over some inter-object communication protocol for pet-lovers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.