Sit Script

BennyTheGiant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm going to attempt to build a boat (hahaha) So I have 3 questions.

1. What is the name of that script that can be bought that has the command 1/a to adjust avatar's sitting position?

and 

2. Could that same script be used in the passenger seats of the boat so they can adjust themselves?

and

3. Would that same script allow for mutiple sit postions around the boat as well with a pop up menu?

There are so many scripts in SL that it's very hard to guess which specific one you are thinking of.  This isn't really the right place to ask, either, unless you are a scriper trying to write a sit script yourself.  You might try looking at one of the popular sit/animation script systems like AvSitter or MLPV, though, or maybe asking in the Wanted forum.  :smileywink:

MLPV won't work for a vehicle, since that seats you on poseballs that it rezzes as needed, not on the object (so the vehicle would drive away without you).

You should check out either the free, OS, system nPose or AVsitter (not free).   Either of those will do what you want, I think.  Other systems that don't use poseballs probably will, too, but I've used nPose and AVsitter both, so I know they'll work for you.

My advice would be to start with nPose (it's free, after all), join the inworld group for help, and see how you get on.  It's not difficult -- all these systems are designed to spare you having to write scripts yourself, after all, so you just need to follow the set-up instructions carefully.

• Like 1

I'll second the advice to start with nPose. I can't remember the details now, but I recall chatting with the original scripter of the system and learning that some design decisions were specifically to support seating on moving vehicles.

One thing I'm not sure about is whether nPose has an option for control-driven position adjustment. I know it was on the wish list at one point and I showed them some sample code, but I haven't followed-up in ages. (Back then, I think it still used rezzed adjustment prims, which might be a problem in a moving vehicle.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.