Script Freezing Even After Reset

SirCloudy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay so this is a somewhat vague yet extremely irritating problem, as I can't really give an exact example of what causes it. 

But in a nutshell, while coding, saving and testing etc, my script will suddenly stop working.

Even after re-saving AND resetting all scripts in the object, baring in mind the script saves without error.

Not even the state_entry event will trigger in the default state after reset! 

The only way I can get around this is creating a new script inside the object, copying over the old code into it and deleting the old one. Then it suddenly starts working again. This would surely indicate there is nothing wrong with the code itself?

Does anyone know of what actually causes this in general or am I going to have to post my code.

It could be your script is not running
When you open the script in the viewer's editor there is a check mark indicating if the script is running or not

If you somewhere along the line saved the script with a compile error it was set not running and it will not be set running just by compiling a script without errors

:smileysurprised::):smileyvery-happy:

You're going to need to post your code, I think.

I can give you plenty of reasons why a script might suddenly stop working, or seem to, but that would just be a guessing game (stuck in an infinite loop, stuck in a state it can't exit, stuck in a long sleep, turned off a listener and now the script can't hear anything, waiting for a condition that can never be true, etc).     Also, I can just about imagine circumstances in which a script might suddenly stop working and not start again after a reset (I think that would happen if another script had turned it off using llSetScriptState(), for example) but, again, it's a guessing game.

In my experience, for what it's worth,  when I can't tell why my script isn't working, it's normally because of something so basic and stupid I've not thought to check it.   So I second Dora's suggestion about ensuring it actually is running.   Otherwise, if you post it, I'm sure someone will be able to help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.