Problem with control() event

Poltergeist Azarov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First point :

don t be confused by CONTROL_ML_LBUTTON ( triggered only on mouselook mode and a left click mouse )

and CONTROL_LBUTTON ( triggered only in normal view mode and a left click mouse )

Second point :

If it happens when you use the keyboard  AND if you handle the keyboard :

it s because your rates for your hardware are different between the keyboard and the mouse :

generally , keyboard triggers 45 events per seconds , mouse triggers 26 events per seconds.

(It can be different on some different computers)

I tell this because you can move your avatar on clicking on the land and without use the keyboard in normal view ; in mouselook you are obliged to use the keyboard to move your avatar

So , maybe your count is not correct and you count some keyboard events in mouselook mode

Problem occurs when i request animation permission from another sitter on the vehicle. And not always... After few animation permission requests, control() stops triggering any of controls in normal view mode. This seems to be a bug to me. Which forces me to refresh control permission each time i request animation permission which causes different problems.

Your script is probably incorrect , so .

When you call llRequestPermissions , it revokes the old permissions .

So , when you call llRequestPermissions to control animations for the second avatar , you loose the previous premissions

granted to the first avatar

To animate your second avatar , use a second separated script

As I realized today, when I take controls for vehicle driver in script1, and change few permissions between few sitters and drivers in script2, this causes to lose permissions in script1 for driver. then driver seems to be only able to control vehicle in mouselook mode. so control() event does not trigger in normal view mode when this happens. :\

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.