Need some help with finding a script {Door/Hinge}

Kryptic68112

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys Im working on making a Ironman Mark 3 Helmet and I want to make it two separate parts from the face mask

I basicaly want it to kinda open like The actuil IronMan Mask does, I want it to open by some thing like saying in local some thing like "Jarvis open Mask" and the same type of thing to close it. I would try to do it via HUD but i have no clue how to even set up a HUD /make that work

I have been testing some Door Scripts the one that works Is Timeless Linked Door the only thign wrong with it is when you click on it while its attached to you it opens wonky and the wrong way

This is what i have of the helmet so far and yes I know its not the right red just that tint so i can see the lines

Snapshot_002.jpg

Im not good at scripting at all other wise I would do this my self and thank you for any help you can give

Almost all the door scripts of that type rely on the prim they are contained in being modified by a path-cut that effectively removes all portions of the prim to one side of the central Z axis. If you want to rotate a more complex prim such as a sculpt or a mesh in a similar way, you are either going to have to look at the puppeteer approach, where you record the prim relative position and rotation and replay the movements, or you are going to have to look at a method mentioned in the mesh forum, whereby an extra portion can be added to the mesh but hidden. such that there is now an axis to the prim which appreas to be on one visible edge of it.

(Editied to correct my legendary typing)

First, I'd recommend not using that old Timeless Door script.  It's clunky and based on old technology, and it has more bells and whistles in it than you need.  Void Singer's simple hinge script is much more compact and easy to use, and is probably the best simple door script in SL today.  Second, if you have created that helmet yourself, all you need to do is go back in to your modeling program and add a tiny face that serves as a balance to your door as it rotates around its hinge edge.  Yiou can see how that's done in this video >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yow60SivXtw  .  It's also possible to write a hinge script that does not depend on having a balancing element like that.  It's not beginner-level scripting, but if you do a quick search in the forum here you should be able to find suggestions about how to do it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.