Moving an object an avatar is sitting on slowly

LissomePrey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to move an object my avatar is sitting on slowly to a new position.

llMoveToTarget seems to be the answer but the object must have STATUS_PHYSICS set to TRUE and when I do this I get told that there is no suitable surface to sit on.

Is this universal with STATUS_PHYSICS or does it depend on size or something else?

If you have put a sit target in your object with llSitTarget, there should be no problem.  Even if you haven't, there shouldn't normally be a problem.  The issue may be size or, if your object is mesh or has been cut/hollowed/tortured in some way, shape could be the problem. In any case, adding a sit target should clear it up.

Moving an object slowly is an art.  If you make the object physical, llMoveToTarget can work well but you may have to work some magic with at_target, not_at_target, and moving_end events to get exactly the results you want.  Your other major option is llSetKeyframedMotion, for which you do not need to make the object physical.  All you need to do is provide distance, rotations, and travel times for segments of your journey and then issue a single command to get it rolling. 

• Like 1

Just as a follow up for other's information:

llSetKeyFramedMotion did just what was needed. The object being moverd must have at least one mesh component though but I found a full perm mesh box on the marketplace for 1 Linden, which works perfectly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.