Make prime clickable and send to URL?

Trezz Vyper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I'm a complete noob with LSL.

I need a script to do the following:

• When a prim is clicked, it loads the user's browser and pulls up a web page url.

Also what extention do I save a script for SL in. is it saved as *.lsl or something else?

Last but not least,. I assume I can simply drop an LSL script directly into a prim, is this correct, if not how do I do it?

For simple scripts, you can just edit them in-world, and they don't need any particular extension -- indeed, they're never "files" in a filesystem, just stored in a database with lots of other in-world assets.

Edit the object, go to the Contents tab of the Build Tool, press "New Script" and write your script there in the script editor. (It starts you out with a very simple script that you'll replace.) Or you can create the same "New Script" as an addition to Inventory, then drag and drop it on whatever object you want to script.

For what you want to do, you'll likely find llLoadURL useful.

You might also want to review this page in the wiki, which is probably easier to understand than my instructions above.

• Like 2

Trezz Vyper wrote:

Hi,

I'm a complete noob with LSL.

I need a script to do the following:

• When a prim is clicked, it loads the user's browser and pulls up a web page url.

Also what extention do I save a script for SL in. is it saved as *.lsl or something else?

Last but not least,. I assume I can simply drop an LSL script directly into a prim, is this correct, if not how do I do it?

Thanks
:)

One way is to use the llLoadURL function.  There is an example in the WIKI page that might be just what you want.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlLoadURL

You can drag a script from inventory to a prim.  Although I prefer to edit the prim and drag or paste things into it's contents,

extensions aren't needed here.

(oh... just do what Qie said)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.