Is this possible with Scripting?

drewbrown

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All,

I'm trying to find out if this is possible.

I'm making a vendor board with multiple image holders and need to know if by scripting, i can add the vendors UID for example so that only they can edit the textures. Or is this type of access only possible some other way?

I appreciate any advice.

Cheers.

Building on what's been said so far, the board should already know who the renter is (it's whoever paid it rental).

It can use that to determine if messages it hears on a pre-set channel come from either, on the one hand,  the renter or an object belonging to the renter, or, on the other, someone else, by testing for  if (llOwnerKey(id)==renter) in the listen event. 

So it should be easy enough to design a system whereby the renter selects a texture from his or her inventory, drops it into a box you've given out to renters, and has the box chat out the texture's uuid to the vendor.    The vendor recognises the message as being from an authorised source and applies the texture to the appropriate face.   

If you need to select the face, this could be done by having the renter touch the face to which the texture is to be applied.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.