Is there a way for an attachment to detect its avatar has just logged in?

Vulpinus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since google hasn't helped, I'm guessing the answer is "no", but I had to ask before I embark on a work-around.

Basically I want to detect the differece between an item being already attached at the point of log in, and being attached from the inventory.

I'm building a system which uses RLV. The system HUD  needs to detect already-worn items from the shared folders, when the HUD itself is attached to the avatar. A table of these already-worn items is then populated.

Simple enough and everything works perfectly, except if the HUD is already attached when the avatar logs in. Then, sometimes, not all of the worn items get detected. I guess items are attached in some order during login so my HUD misses any that get attached after the HUD asks RLV for the data. That's just a guess, mind, but it seems to be the case.

I'm thinking that the only ways around this are:

1) Delay requesting data through RLV for a while after rez/attach, which I don't like because a user might attach the HUD manually and try to use it quickly. Like me, I hate waiting! Besides, how long a delay...? (experiment... lol)

2) Repeat the reading at some time later and quietly update. I don't like this because it would again cause delay if the user is trying to interact at that point in time, and it is wasteful of processing time.

It does take a noticable length of time to parse the data for a lot of shared folders and I'm trying to minimise delays, not increase them.

Any hints???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.