I need help in scripting a command.

Ninjadanana525

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everybody!
LSL Scripting is hard for me and my english is bad too. Php language is much easier for me >,< How I can make a chat command? Because I want to make chat command like this.
/pipo (NAME)
The function in the chat: /me pipoed (NAME)

Or in a menu. /pipo and a menu pop up. In the menu you can choose the nearest Player. When you choosed in the chat: /me pipoed (Player what you choose)

Thanks <3

Ninjadanana525 wrote:

Hi everybody!

LSL Scripting is hard for me and my english is bad too. Php 
language
 is much easier for me >,< How I can make a chat command? Because I want to make chat command like this.

/pipo (NAME)

The function in the chat: /me pipoed (NAME)

Or in a menu. /pipo and a menu pop up. In the menu you can choose the nearest Player. When you choosed in the chat: /me pipoed (Player what you choose)

Thanks <3

The easiest way to do what you're wanting is with a gesture.  You don't need a script for it.  Right click in an inventory window where you want to create a gesture (usually the Gesture folder), create a new gesture and the edit window pops up.  Set the trigger for "/pipo" and the replace with text as "/me pipoed" and then test it.  Type in "/pipo Joe.", for instance, and you get "Youravatarname pipoed Joe."

If you want to have a gesture menu, you'll probably have to write a script which requires llListen, llDialog and listen event, for starters.  You can find a number of examples containing everything you need on the wiki.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.