I just need to calculate whether someone is in front of an agent or not

Caeil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This issue has been sort of stunting my productivity today. I just want to write a function that tells me whether another agent is in front of the person wearing the attachment or behind them. I'm sure its simple, but I don't seem to be able to make this work well enough.

I've just been trying to use math all this time.

Here is the script for a proof of concept cube I wrote.

it only works some of the time

edit: After tinkering with this a little bit more (with a version with less mistakes than what I've posted here), it seems the mistake I made was trying to do this with a few lines of code. :|

GTA has the idea.  A sensor always fires forward.  If you set its cone to PI/2, It will only see what's in front of it. So, make your detector with two hemispheres, glued back to back so that one looks forward and the other backwards.  Fire them both and see which one detects your target.

No, but this does:

default{    touch_start(integer total_number)    {        llSensor("Thing","",ACTIVE|PASSIVE,20.0,PI);    }        sensor(integer num)    {        vector v = (llDetectedPos(0)-llGetPos())/llGetRot();        if(v.x>0.0){             llSay(0,"In front of me");           }        else if (v.x<0.0){            llSay(0,"In back of me");        }            }}

You need to calculate the local position and then remove your own rotation.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.