How to script an hour hand rotation?

Evangeline Arcadia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I've got rotation scripts but they all seem to rotate about the middle of any object I put it into. I want to make an hour hand from a prim, so need to have the point about which it rotates at one end (of course). Can anyone point me in the right direction please to where I can get such a script or how to modify the basic rotation script?

If you want to be a bit more realistic, clock hands (and gauge needles, etc.) don't actually pivot about their end, exactly, but rather around a point slightly away from the end. That is, a bit of the hand is on the opposite side of the center of the dial from the long part. That's easy to get using "slice" instead of cuts, with a start of maybe 0.45 and an end of 1.0, or something like that.

This thread caught my eye because it happens I was just working on a (very strange) clock. In case it's any help, the old telehub builds had a clock with scripts that rotate textures for the hands, but those same time-to-rotation calculations may help with prim hands, too, if necessary. (I ended up doing something completely different, but again, my clock project is very strange.)

I have been using Ceera Murakami's Westminster Clock script since she first made it available back in 2008, and have modified it several times for different purposes. She wrote it as three linked scripts, but you can easily combine them to control everything from the root prim with SLPPF.  It's still one of the best clock scripts around.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.