How do we rez Linden Trees and Grasses by script ?

Miranda Umino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You could just task a rezzer to move in a geometric grid pattern across your sim, rezzing a new plant each time from its inventory.  Just be sure that your rezzer adusts to the new ground elevation at each point so that your plants don't end up rezzing in the air.

Well, darn.  I didn't know about that bug.  It's a good thing I don't use Linden grasses much, I guess.

Meanwhile, in case anyone cares, here's a travelling Johnny Appleseed tree planter.  :smileytongue:

vector gHome;float gXSpacing;float gYSpacing;integer gXRows;integer gYColumns;default{    state_entry()    {        gHome = llGetPos();    }    touch_start(integer total_number)    {        integer x;        integer y;        while (x < gXRows)        {            while (y < gYColumns)            {                vector MyPos = llGetPos();                vector NewPos = gHome + <gXSpacing * x, gYSpacing*y,MyPos.z>*llGetRot();               float NewZ = llGround(NewPos - MyPos) + 1.0;               NewPos.z = NewZ;               llSetRegionPos(NewPos);               ++y;               llRezAtRoot("Tree",llGetPos(),ZERO_VECTOR,ZERO_ROTATION,0);               llSleep(1.0);            }            y = 0;            ++x;        }        llSetRegionPos(gHome);    }}

Thank you , but i  ve maybe explained incorrectly my goal :

i don t want some  plants who are inside the object inventory .

I want the plants ( trees and grasses  ) who are the ones when you own a land and you choose in build tool directly.

It seems they consume less prims and are less laggy ; i don t know why .

Do you think they are objects as every other objects , or are there special objects ?

A scripted object cannot rez other objects from nothing. The rezzer needs to have, in its own inventory, all the objects you wish it to rez. Create your rezzer and place into it all the plants and trees and rocks and things you need and have the rezzer rez them, by name, at locations specified by your script.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.