How do I set an angle in the direction I'm facing?

Yamil Dagger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to work with particales to emit them from an attachment, laying them behind me but have them traveling toward where I'm facing/moving. It seems I have the particles working just fine but I can't get the angle to make them move in the direction I'm moving.

mebbe this?

from the wiki..http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlParticleSystem

PSYS_PART_TARGET_POS_MASK

When set, emitted particles change course during their lifetime, attempting to move towards the target specified by the PSYS_SRC_TARGET_KEY rule by the time they expire. Note that if no target is specified, the target moves out of range, or an invalid target is specified, the particles target the prim itself.

Particles moving towards a humanoid avatar, specified by PSYS_SRC_TARGET_KEY rule and setting the PSYS_PART_TARGET_POS_MASK flag, will end up at the geometric center of the avatar's bounding box which, unfortunately, make them appear to be striking the person in the groin area. If you want them to end up at another point on a target avatar, you instead have to place a target prim that is moved to the position where you wish them to end up, and use the key of that prim for the value of the PSYS_SRC_TARGET_KEY rule.

Unless I've misunderstood what youre asking, you have two choices: (1) turn the emitter around to face forwards or (2) make a phony target (probably transparent and phantom)  that will hover in front of you and then aim the particle stream at it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.