Help to use the AutoHUD_constructor like scanner

Lolita Erin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's pretty simple.  All it does is stuff you could do manually youself.  It just takes a stack of prims that you have linked together and then resizes them and stacks them up, suitable for use as a multi-layer HUD (or whatever), and then deletes itself.  Then you have to do the hard part: write your HUD script to control the radar or whatever else you are doing, and drop it into the linkset so that the layers display whatever your output is.

I'm not sure I understand your question.  This script doesn't do anything special.  You can get the same result without a script by just stacking a bunch of cube prims, linking them together, and attaching them to your screen.  This script just makes the cubes the right size and turns them to point in the right way, but again, that's stuff you can do without a script.  The "auto" advantage of using a script is almost nothing.

If you want to create a radar HUD (or any other kind of HUD), you'll need to write a script that does it, or post in the InWorld Employment forum to hire a scripter to do it for you.  This script won't do it.

Hi, i all ready make the script work and made my hud like the link, but i dont know how to show the scan result in the list or prims, that is my real issue or problem..

i have add a script whit this code

{
touch_start(integer total_number)
{
llOwnerSay("Scanning...");
// Look for any avatars within 96m.
llSensor("", NULL_KEY, AGENT, 96.0, PI);
}
sensor(integer num_detected)
{
integer i;
while(i < num_detected)
{
if (llDetectedKey(i) != llGetOwner())
{
llOwnerSay(llDetectedName(i));
}
++i;
}
}
}

but i dont know how to show the names in the hud

thank you

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.