Did I miss that memo from LL?

Jer Straaf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A couple years ago I bought some excellent vehicle scripts and the products have been selling well, everything is fine.  Today, however, I tried to modify them for another product. Guess what, I no longer have access to a large part of the source code!

The script reseller used "unprocessed text" to essentially make a backup copy within the script itself, totaling well over 2000 lines of code. That was fine then, but that is not fine now? I have tried three different viweres and all of them top out at 1292 libnes of code, truncating my original source.

1.) Did I miss that memo from LL?  and more importantly, 2) does anyone know a viewer with a script editor that can handle more than 1292 lines?

My new motto is "Products developed against all odds..."  Thanks!

I've no idea if the editor buffer indeed has a length limit and don't have to time to test such things because none of my scripts is over 1000 lines long.

However seems to me that if such limitation is indeed the case you might try to copy the first 1292 or whatever lines, then delete the first couple hundred lines and see if more text is displayed. If it works you'd eventually get the whole file.

I had the same issue today but on a much smaller scale, I was stuffusing variables in to a note card name for storage.  I copied the note card name into the note card changed some of the variables, but not the length of the string and copied it back and lost the end of my last variable,  and now seam to be stuck with a shorter length for a not card names, but I only lost 3 or 4 spaces not a few hundred lines(ouch).  There's been several problems reported related to the internal systems maintenance done today, clearing my cash fixed some of the issues I had earlier, might be worth a try.

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.