Delete The Object When Land Is Purchased

queenkhaleesi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A timer that checks llGetParcelDetails(llGetPos(),PARCEL_DETAILS_OWNER) once every 15 minutes or so will certainly do it, and it's quick and easy to write.  You could also put hover text or a texture on the object that says, "New Owner, please click here to delete me."

default{    touch_start(integer num)    {        key NewOwner = llList2Key(llGetParcelDetails(llGetPos(),PARCEL_DETAILS_OWNER),0);        if (llDetectedKey(0) == NewOwner)        {            llSay(0,"Thank you!");            llDie();        }    }}

:smileyvery-happy:

If you have transfer permission on the object, then selling the land with contents will trigger a CHANGED_OWNER event in all the objects that transfer to the new owner, so a script could use that in a changed() event handler to know when to call llDie(), thus tidying-up instantly and without relying on a return by the new owner.

Qie Niangao wrote:

If you have transfer permission on the object, then selling the land
with
contents will trigger a
 event in all the objects that transfer to the new owner, so a script could use that in a changed() event handler to know when to call llDie(), thus tidying-up instantly and without relying on a return by the new owner.

That sounds technically correct.  However - the idea of selling land with contents and scripting those contents to vanish upon sale.... dats not right is it?   I mean morally the script would have issues. 

I suppose, but an issue would only arise if the contents were something the new owner would actually want. Usually it's just a glorified "For Sale" sign and some throw-away landscaping, or at least that was my assumption here because the seller is intent on tidying it up once the sale is complete.

Also, in reality, it's very tricky to buy land with contents included even if both parties really want that and stand around during the sale trying to make it happen. That's because it's just so easy for a little no-transfer kruft to be hidden away inside. (That's why I started out with the "transfer permission" caveat.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.