DEMO box moving too much

EliteNight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I am very new to second life and I made a custom mesh (shirt). Now I would like to add a nice DEMO box next to it, so I can put it in my store. 

I tried creating the box in blender and exporting it + added textures (text) and also creating it in game. I linked the box with the object but the thing that gets on my nerve is this: The box moves when my character moves, but not in a nice smooth way.. it spins, it goes up and down and practically anything instead of a nice smooth (short) move. 

How do I make it stop? I want it to look static (but to move with the object, minus the crazy spinning/moving on its own). 

I tried using speres and boxes, but with the same result.

Help please?

Thank you for your help. The shirt is rigged. It works well with the avatar, however the box (hovering next to the character with written demo on it) is not rigged. It moves and spins and I would like it to be more static. I saw many sellers who had those boxes hoovering, but no one did move so dramatically.

If you don't want the spheres to move at all, then don't link them to your product.  If you do that, of course, they won't be much good as a theft deterrent.  Any useful method is going to involve somehow disabling your product or making it unwearable except as an advertizement.  So, you either link a box/prim/whatever to your product and let it move with you or you plaster the word DEMO in large letters across it.  As Amethyst advised, you can make an attached box or sphere follow you without spinning around and being too wild by attaching it at the spine or body center attachment points.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.