Can anyone offer me some clarity? linking prims/scripts and firing in a sequence.

Riodan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good afternoon all, I had a few questions about a script I'm attempting to design and wanted to see if anyone could point me in the right direction on this, basically I'm putting together an event script to place in a build I'm doing, and I need to get some ideas on how to go about it.. Forgive my post if my thought seemed scattered, the notes I have written down are a little jumbled.

Basically, here's what I need it to do:

Starting with a core prim which I am going to name: 

base_stage_dmcbreedables1

I need to link a start button to it (base_stage_dmcbreedables_start) that when clicked, fires off a sequence of timed scripts that give the appearance of targetted prims (dmcbreedables_puppy1, dmcbreedables_cat1, dmcbreedables_horse1, etc etc) to fire off the scripts in each one of those prims including the transparancy adjustment and sound.

The basic idea is to do a panel display that fires these things off and makes it appear as if you are watching a show, the animal textures would pop out of the windows in a barn, play the sound files, disappear, and then sequentially it move to the next window, repeat the process, until reaching the last prim and sound file, then it would end.

I have managed to figure out how to play sounds in a script, but have little to no understanding of the linked prim functionality and how to use a parent prim to fire off these events sequentially, so yeah, guidance is a must lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.