0 Kudos

Auto-responder IM: can use RLV enabled viewer without Relay?

I want to make an Auto-responder for IM when I am AFK.  Can I use RLV-scripting in an RLV-enabled viewer without wearing a Relay? I don't need to animate the avatar etc, just want an AFK message sent if people try to IM me while I wear my AFK sign.

Void Singer
0 Kudos

Re: Auto-responder IM: can use RLV enabled viewer without Relay?

Reply to Domitan Redenblack - view message

autoresponders (for viewers that have them) do not require a relay, they are solely run from within the viewer that supports them.

it may be possible to trigger the basic busy message if your afk timer object plays the busy animation instead of, or on top of the afk animation.... never tried.

- Farewell to your ports and good luck to you all
0 Kudos

Reply to Void Singer - view message

Thanks. What I want to do is to reply to all IM messages "Away for a bit, please leave a message" when someone IM's to me with my AFK object attached to my head.

If I am busy, Marketplace items sent to me are burned on my doorstep, so I don't want to use busy.

If I set AFK in viewer, it logs me out after N minutes, even if I tell it not to ( "Advanced > Character > Character Tests > (not) Go Away / AFK when idle" )

I figure if RLV can tell others "sorry, in heavy  bondage now" or whatever, it could say something more benign for me. :smileytongue: 

Void Singer
0 Kudos

the busy animation does not (to my knowledge) actually cause item rejection... it probably doesn't cause the busy autoresponse to kick in either, but I've never really tested that.

- Farewell to your ports and good luck to you all
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Reply to Void Singer - view message

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Protocol/RestrainedLoveAPI

Apparently you cannot set the message sent if IMs are blocked etc. And I don't actually want to block IM messages coming in, just auto-respond if they do.

* If anyone knows another way to auto-respond to IM messages via LSL or RLV, would you please let me know?

Darkie Minotaur
Topics: 8
Kudos: 154
Blog Posts: 0
0 Kudos

This is neither LSL (tzhrough which you deffo can't do it) nor RLV - but in e.g. Phoenix, you can set autoresponses - you could use that feature when AFK.

0 Kudos

Reply to Darkie Minotaur - view message

Darkie Minotaur wrote:

This is neither LSL (tzhrough which you deffo can't do it) nor RLV - but in e.g. Phoenix, you can set autoresponses - you could use that feature when AFK.

Thanks, yes, but Phoenix only runs on Intel/AMD chips now.

I have a fantastic 8 yr old Mac dual G5 (IBM PowerPC chips) which is faster for almost everything than my 1 yr old Dell. Both have dual CPUs running at 2 GHz, but the Mac runs almost twice as fast for most things (perhaps OSX better than XP in overheads etc)

It's just the 9 yr old Graphics card in the Mac - it's pretty minimal.

Innula Zenovka
0 Kudos

The RLV part of it is easy.   You don't need a relay to use RLV commands on yourself -- you just need an object or an attachment that belongs to you that can issue the appropriate llOwnerSay commands.   Something like this, worn as a hud, will turn your IMs on and off for you, I think:

integer toggle;

//turns IMs on automatically when attached/detached or on_rez
default{

attach(key id){
     llOwnerSay("@clear");
     toggle = FALSE;
  }

on_rez(integer p){
    llOwnerSay("@clear");
     toggle = FALSE;
  }

touch_end(integer n){
    toggle = !toggle;
    if(toggle){
      llOwnerSay("@recvim=n");
    }
    else{
       llOwnerSay("@recvim=y");
    }

}
}

However, the autoreply message people receive when they try to send you an IM is a very different kettle of fish, because that's sent by the viewer.    I've got an idea you can edit the viewer's xml files to set your own autoreply -- I think I saw something in a blog once about how to do it -- but I could well be mistaken.

All I can suggest is getting in touch with Marine or Kitty to ask for their advice about what -- if anything -- you need to alter to set your own default message.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Reply to Innula Zenovka - view message

Thanks, Innula.

Note also that I do *not* want to block IMs, just auto-respond "I am away". So far I see no solution to respond but not block IMs.

Are IMs cued and delivered after you come out of Blocked-Mode ?

Innula Zenovka
0 Kudos

Sorry.   I was misled by the reference to RLV -- all you can do with RLV is block IMs completely (though you can set exceptions, so some people can still IM you) and (I think, if you know which bit of xml to tweak) send a custom message.   But blocked IMs are discarded, I'm afraid.   So if you want somethng like Phoenix's autoresponder, I'm afraid RLV isn't going to offer any solutions.

I'm wondering if Singularity or Imprudence have a feature similar to Phoenix's autoresponder and, if they do, if they would run on your machine.