Are there any LSL commands that use llHTTPRequest?

Life Camino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm working with a color change pad in a HUD and as I drag across the color pad, I'm getting this message:

"Too many HTTP requests too fast. (Set HTTP_VERBOSE_THROTTLE, FALSE in the parameters to hide these messages.)"

You see, the problem is, I am not using the llHTTPRequest command at all anywhere in the script - or, in any other scripts in the HUD.  So, why else might I get this message?

It seems I was using an llHTTPRequest command, after all - in one tiny function in a radar script to retrieve the group name for a parcel.  And, it was being triggered whenever the color pad script changed the color of one of its prims, triggering a CHANGED_LINK which caused a reset of that script and the repeated triggering of that function.  Although, why changing the color of a prim would do this is beyond me.  I could understand it triggering a CHANGED_COLOR, but not a CHANGED_LINK.

Anyway, taking away the testing for CHANGED_LINK in the radar script solved the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Life,

Yes I also had this issue.

Using http_request_id = llHTTPRequest("http://my_server_ip_address_/my_page.php", [], "");

It's an external call so you must MODERATE the calls, if you send and recevice too fast calls and responses SL overload ;)

I fixed this putting a

llSleep(5.0);

between a request and the response..... this slow down your script but it continue working good.

5.0 are the seconds, if you still have issues try to increase it a little ;)

Also some xploders uses this SLEEPING time, if they would try to PAY 20 WINNERS fast they can have a break ;)

I think it's an ANTI-DOS function of SL, if we all overload SL with hundred requests and relative responses the traffic increase dramatically :o

;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.