Advanced Creator Tools

Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So far I've only seen the Blog Announcement and some new functions in the LSL Wiki. The code is running in Magnum RC.

Has anyone found anything more than that?

Is this still a semi-closed beta now? 

#SL News Week 22

Advanced Experience Tools Preview

llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords()

Oskar added some information to this weeks Server Deploys:

NOTE: the new LSL functions work with the current runtime permissions system and are precursor to future work with experience permissions. More information about the runtime permission is here:PERMISSION_TELEPORT.

These functions only work on the RC regions and not grid wide.

I'd like to know, too.  At some user group, I kind of put my foot in it by asking this question, saying I wasn't under NDA, then a bunch of the Pathfinding folks said the NDA was over, but I'm not at all sure they were talking about the same thing.

I kinda wonder if there has actually been any beta for the XP stuff.

And of course I wonder what all XP includes, besides llTeleportAgent*() and PERMISSION_TELEPORT.

FWIW, I went to a Magnum sandbox and (once I found one that was running scripts at all) it did just fine with llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords(). Well, the viewer permissions dialog didn't know what to say about what the script was trying to do, but saying "Yes" got me teleported to exactly where I told it to send me, on another sim far away. It worked for my alt, too, so it wasn't some owner-only permission.

Also, PERMISSION_TELEPORT is granted on script request without explicit dialogue in the case of being seated on the object, or having it attached, which is consistent with lots of other permissions. Counter to the draft wiki page, it's not necessary to llUnSit() the agent before teleporting--it happens automatically, as with manually teleporting from anywhere else on which you're sitting. Or at least those are the behaviors I observed.

Does this means that the stargates all over the mainland will finally work? Anyway,  Ive seen those scatered around since I came to SL but never knew what where they for. That teleport thingy seems perfect for them.

Yeah, presumably. Although the stargate things also illustrate what might be worrisome about XP, if done incorrectly.

Besides PERMISSION_TELEPORT and the new teleportAgent function(s), XP is/was supposed to include some special means for scripts to get and use permissions. None of that is necessary for the teleport stuff, obviously, and that would be enough to run stargates.

Among the trickinesses of XP, however, is that something like the stargates could obtain these experience permissions and use them on the granting agent, anywhere on the grid, in perpetuity. Maybe your avatar is forced to do a little jig everytime you walk by a certain common roadside attraction--one that may not be related in any obvious way to the object you originally granted permission to animate you. Perhaps forever, with no way for you to rescind the permissions.

That's the sort of thing I hope XP testers have been testing. But I have no way of knowing what's happening with that.

But Nalates... you're showing as having the "Beta Member" role in the Advanced Creator Tools group that Charlar set up ages ago... so that's not the relevant group and role? Or are you under NDA? Or does the NDA forbid you from saying you're under NDA? (Lolyers gonna lol.)

• 2 months later...

I read the blog post by Linden Lab which mentions using the new llTeleportAgent functions for portals:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/First-Set-of-Advanced-Creator-Tools-Launched-Today/ba-p/1618627

but the function docs state that these work for the owner of the object only.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlTeleportAgent

I tried it and this seems to be the case.

How can we setup portals if the TP function only works for the portal owner?

Rob.

You can't, unless you want one for yourself.  I have set up a couple for convenience on my own sim.  Until LL gets any bugs out of the new permissions system, it looks like we're stuck with a very limited function.  There's been a bit of discussion in this forum and over in SLU, if you're interested.

As Rolig mentioned, you can't. They borked it to the point where it's of very nearly no practical use.

If you want a (hastily hacked together) starting point for a TP HUD, have a look here:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dura/80/242/34

The location has a free TP HUD with permission system which understands RLV TPs and Stargates and has an example teleporter too. Note, it's fullperm and you can do whatever you like with it, including selling it as-is and for all I care you can even claim you wrote it. It has a number of problems but it does work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.