Inworld

• entries
  • comments
  • views

Contributors to this blog

Fresh Fashion Guest Blogger Miaa Rebane - Spring Fashion Trends

Linden Lab

Fashion has a huge market in Second Life. There was a time when Second Life fashion was all about blingy shoes and prom dresses – seasons, or shall I say decades – behind the real-life fashion trends. But this has changed over the last few years. With the advancement of technology, people enjoying fashion blogging, and the increase in the number of content creators, there is this sudden burst of fashion exposure.

Second Life is a diverse environment with residents from all around the globe; fashion in SL today has its own unique identity of fusion – a beautiful blend and combination of various styles from different countries. And we all know that fashion is all about being inspired by what we see around us – knowingly or unknowingly. If what we happen to see is a model walking down the runway, then so be it!  Recently, while browsing through Vogue magazine’s Spring 2012 Fashion Guide, I picked up some spring 2012 looks and trends and got to thinking how to create these in SL. I was surprised to see that most of the predicted real life fashion trends were already in SL as part of many designers’ 2012 spring collection.  So, without having to spend a lot of real-life money, you can get the looks with minimal effort. I’ve got some looks right here for you. I hope you like the looks!

Trend 1: Three-Dimensional

“Fashion’s exploration into 3-D textures that brought florals and patterns to life”

Seen on the runway: Louis Vuitton, Dolce & Gabbana, Oscar de la Renta, Chanel, Valentino, Zac Posen, Miu Mi, Alexander McQueen

Look 3 - SL - Three-Dimensional.jpg

Look Details

Dress:  Boudoir - ant lace dress

Hair: :unBra:

Makeup: La Malvada Mujer - Mechanical and Reasoned

Skin: the body co.

Trend 2: Striking Prints

Hawaiian, hothouse, hallucinogenic, and that’s just the h’s: It was print, print, print everywhere, with an emphasis on digitally manipulated flora and abstracted blooms.

Seen on the runway: Peter Pilotto, Mary Katrantzou, Erdem, Preen, Versace, Diane von Furstenberg, Peter Som
Look 1 - SL.jpg

Look Details

Leggings: LG femme VOLVER leggins - COSMOPOLITAN

Shoes: ::Kookie:: Vo Pumps – Pillar Red

Tank Top: Beetlebones -  Loose Pocket Tank  

Bangle: Fleshtone :: Vanity Studded Cuffs

Bag: LaGyo_The Desperado bag - banana cream croco  

Sunglasses: [iruco] Ati Sunglasses03

Hair:  ICONIC

Skin: the body co. Orchid

Trend 3: Good Sports

In anticipation of the 2012 Olympics — and with a healthy injection of street-style reportage photography — urban athleticism puts utility and sportswear through its paces. Seen on the runway: Rag & Bone, Givenchy, Alexander Wang, Altuzarra, Vera Wang, Reed Krakoff

Look 2 - SL -Good-Sports.jpg

Look Details

Inner Shirt: [CheerNo Femme] Menorca Long Shirt Tangerine

Pants: Fleshtone::VickiHaremPants - Pants – White

Jacket: Gato - Tweed Jacket

Bag: LaGyo_Wicker bag mandarin

Necklace: Donna Flora NANA necklace

Hair: [shag] - Goodbye – kitten

Skin: the body co.

Love,

Miaa

References: Vogue Website

Bio: Miaa Rebane is a professional fashion stylist, model and photographer in Second Life.

Blog | Flickr | Facebook | Bloglovin

• Like 1

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.