Looking for Mesh artist and pricing info! [Slightly non-PG]

Minareth Irata

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I'm looking for a Mesh artist as, well, the thing I'm looking for hasn't been made yet to my surprise. I'm a busty body lover and have been before it was cool, nowadays Lolas and many other brands seem to conquer that market but there has always been something in them I find lacking. I like credibility and most brands, for modifying sake, keep most models non-rigged or independant from the shirt. This sacrifices one thing that I find quite important, the transitioning of the shirt underneath the breasts resulting in the 'tucked underneath' kind of look. Second issue is that most stuff doesn't come in my size. :matte-motes-whistle:

So, I wish to find out what it'll cost to hire a Mesh artist, I understand it's a pricey thing to do, but I want this pretty badly for a long time. I have drawn out a little what I have in mind and this design may of course be resold to others later, I also wish mine to have copy and mod rights. I wish to know as well how much more it may cost with Fitted Mesh applied.

mina_mesh_shirt_design.png

Pretty big, huh? :matte-motes-stress: I hope the image makes a lot clear, I wish to have the skin part to be mesh as well, breasts towards the top of the neck. (it's going to be used with a Furry Avatar but I bet it works for Humans too) This so that there is no visible seam, and also that it solves the issue of which breasts to use, it comes with the model in stead. 

I might update this topic some more with more info later where needed, but what you guys think? Can this be done? Will it cost much? I really wish to realize this as I've been wanting it ever since Mesh came out.

Problem could be that the common mesh-creator doesn´t have your skin texture, so cannot ensure the shirt-skin-part matches the rest of your body (in this case only the neck/head)

If you can provide the texture for the skin part, edit your thread and add this info. That could give you a big chance someone will do.

Monti

Aye, also worth mentioning, the density of the polygons/triangles doesn't have to be insane, except where needed. I have seen some busty shirt models in-world that had very low density on the breasts which made them rather blocky at large sizes, so yeah, some more polys around the more rounded areas would be desireable.

Also, I plan on making the Texture myself, for the shirt. As said before the skin would be best if matching the UV Map of the default Second Life top section of the standard Avatar. The shirt would be best if mapped so that it simply has a front, back, sleeve top and sleeve bottom. Also, can the Mesh be double sided so it isn't transparent on the inside.

I think I covered a lot here, not sure if all yet. And L$30,000 would be within my range, though as you said it could be more. I really want this though so I'm willing to come to an agreement within this price range. Now only to find a Mesh artist. :matte-motes-smile:

I there. I'm a hobbyist and I make mesh in my spare time for fun. I'm used to modeling clothes, although not on large sizes (the opposite, actually xD), but I would be willing to give this a try. If you want, we can do it like this: I'll show you what I can do and if you like it, we'll agree on a price (30,000L$ is more than enough for me, really).

You'll be texturing the shirt, correct? I'm honestly not good with texuring, my real passion is on 3D modeling, so Maybe I 'll that to you. Not sure about the human body part: I assume you're not wearing a mesh avatar and I can use the SL model?

Here's a quick example for you to see. If you like it, then we can discuss more details. ^.^

EXAMPLE.png

Ah, hello Spinell! You're the first Mesh artist I run into and pretty cool that you already tried something out. But yeah, it'll be be worn with the standard SL Model. Just anything from the shirt opening and up to the head will be part of the Mesh Model too in order to have a smooth looking pair of shoulders, neck and cleavage.

I'm going to draw out some more things that I wish if that's okay as there is a lot more and I'm terribly picky, it's easier for me to draw it than to explain it and I want to make sure it's right. It's quite scary to throw such a large sum at this. :matte-motes-whistle:

Like I said, I don't mind if we lower the price, since I don't really have any professional training. Please show me the details you'd like in the mesh and I'll do my best. If you like the work then we'll discuss a price. ^.^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.