Answer
Honored Resident
EDQ Earst
my invtory is gone!!!!

I was changing an outfit and my invtory just was gone.!!!! What happened?? How do i get it back????

Other Answers: 2
Kudos: 408
Solutions: 131
Answered

First, understand inventory is seldom lost. It is common for it to hide, in other words fail to load. So, it only appears to be lost.

To know what may be wrong we need to know more information about your system. So, when you ask a tech question include information about your computer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

That said there are some common causes and fixes for apparently lost inventory. 

First check of the Inventory Servers are down. You should always look at Second Life Grid Status Reports to see if a grid wide problem has come up. It can take a couple of hours for a problem to appear there. So, keep checking while you try to resolve the problem. Inventory maintenance and other maintenance functions are often scheduled a day or two ahead.

Also, the current round of viewers has some memory leaks. If you are taking pics of your outfits viewer memory use can ballon and crash the viewer. Often things go strange just before a crash. So, whether you crashed or not a viewer restat and possibly a computer restart can help.

Once you are sure its not the SL servers and have restarted to clean up possible memory problems check your connection. Look at this article for the things beyond a quick speed test: Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection

This should get all the basics covered and allow you to assure your self the infrastructure is working and not the problem.

If you have restarted the viewer, that should have reset any Inventory Filters you may have been using. Otherwise, a basic question is, 'Did you use filters this session?' and if so make sure you have claered them. If you need to know how to clear them then filters aren't the problem.

That gets you down to down to file corruption in the cache. The new cache added with the change to HTTP Inventory and HTTP Download seldom corrupts in normal use. But, when the viewer crashes, anything can happen. But, a simple cache clear may not fix your inventory problem. So, read the long story on recovering 'Lost Inventory' and do the more complex cache clear dance: Lost Inventory and Missing Inventory Fix – Help

Luc Starsider
Answered

Try to relog.

If that does not help, try to clear your viewers cache in me->Preferences->Setup, which forces the viewer to retreive everyting from LLs servers.

- Luc -

Need a laugh? Watch this.