To get a erotic HUD item to function properly

ral61

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A erotic animated HUD item at inventory had problems with (script errors), during a session with a guest.

The (menu list) with ("sub menus"), would only work with (3) selected animations out of (14), with using the (blue & pink) ball with my guest. 

The item I have is showing script error messages saying: "could not find the animation" of (11) from using the menu.

This item is (full perm) as a HUD to wear, theres also a (animations content file) at inventory, after "opening" the box for transfer of the contents to inventory.

Question: Should I consider this item "defective" and re-purchase, since only (3) animations function with the menu?

Note: Theres also (15) scripts with a "ball" , and (3) note cards to this item.

2 answers to this question

Do NOT repurchase the item.  If it's defective, the next one will be defective too.

For an animation HUD to work, it must contain all the animations that its script is expecting to see.  A lot of HUDs and AOs have a configuration notecard, separate from the script itself.  Rez the HUD on the ground.  Select it and open the Edit window.  Drop an animation into the Content tab of the Edit window.  Check the configuration notecard to make sure the exact name of that animation is properly listed.  If not, edit the notecard to include it and save the notecard.

Since you say your HUD came with a separate box of animations, they may need to be added in this fashion.  Read the instructions that came with the HUD!

If you aren't able to get it working properly, contact the seller and ask for help.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.