My merchant outbox states successful but marketplace shows no associated items.

Isabell Nyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Isabell,

from http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-Marketplace-store/ta-p/700191

Managing your inventory

The Manage inventory section of the Marketplace makes it easy to edit your item listings one at a time or in bulk.

To manage your inventory:

1. After logging in to the Marketplace, choose My Marketplace > Merchant home in the upper-right.
  2. Click Manage inventory on the left-hand side.

Unassociated marketplace inventory

If you have uploaded items to the Marketplace from your Merchant outbox but you have not yet filled out information for an item listing, you may click the item's name in the Unassociated Marketplace Inventory section to begin editing the item listing.  For more information on adding an item to your Marketplace inventory, see Selling in the Marketplace.

You may create listings in bulk by checking the boxes to the right of the items' names and selecting Create New Listings from the Modify selected items dropdown.  You may find this useful when managing large numbers of very similar items because it allows you to subsequently bulk edit the items' listing fields in the Manage inventory section of the page.  Listings created in this way cannot be made active until their required item listing fields are completed.

Listed, unlisted, and unavailable status 

Each of your listings has a status:

• Listed - The normal, active status of an item that is publicly visible and available for purchase on the Marketplace.
    • Exception: limited-quantity items stay Listed after they have sold out, but they cannot be purchased.
  • Unlisted - An item is inactive, that is intentionally hidden and unavailable for purchase. You might unlist a product because:
    • You are permanently discontinuing the product but want to keep the listing for your personal records.
    • The product is seasonal or event-specific and will be temporarily unlisted until the next time an appropriate event comes around.
    • You've discovered serious bugs in your product and temporarily unlist it while you address the issue. Be sure to make an announcement on your Marketplace store (and anywhere else on the web you maintain a Marketplace presence, like a blog) to keep your customers informed.
  • Unavailable - An item can be unavailable for various reasons:
    • Freshly-added items with incomplete listings show up here. You need to Edit each one and fill in the required fields to List those items. Learn about item listing fields and how to use them.
    • If an item violates the Marketplace Terms of Service, Linden Lab may make it unavailable.
edit_listing.pngClick Search without entering anything in the text box. A list of inventory items appears. These are the inventory items not associated with any listing information.Click the name of the new item. Next to SL object name, the name of the new item now appears.
Edit associated object.png
Click the Update button at the bottom to save your changes.

Me too. The 'initialize merchant outbox' never times out, or I receive the message to create a MP store. I have a store. I've read for the last 2 days work arounds and have tried the following:

1. Used the MP SL viewer for aditi.

2. Used Phoenix, Firestorm viewers (tried my main avatar account - Merchant Outbox initialized and allowed me to upload to a dummy store)

3. Cleared cache, emptied trash, restarted and did a hard shut down of pc.

4. Deleted profiles & cache for all avatars except the one (the one I have a billion Linden $'s in inventory) from App Data, Roaming, Firestorm & SL viewers.

5. Changed language setting from 'default' to 'English' on Firestorm viewer.

6. Logged out of all viewers & browsers. Opened up Chrome browser-logged into account, then viewer (focusing on the SL Aditi/Marketplace one first). Alternated browsers and viewers trying different combinations.

7. SL dance & face paint.

8. Out of desperation, tried creating Merchant Outbox folder and also tried moving test items to main inventory rather than in subfolder.

9. Changed password and waited 24 hours before attempting 1-8 again.

Any ideas or tips would be welcomed and appreciated.

H+S

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.