Lost Inventory

IMGypsy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Today I had logged another of my AVs into the SL Viewer (download the new version) - no problems.  Then took my prime AV and logged into Firestorm (my preferred viewer) - OMG my 75,000 item inventory was suddenly down to 7,906!!!  Tried to recreate bridge, cleared cache to no avail.  How do I get what is on the SL Viewer over to Firestorm?????

5 answers to this question

That's a little scary, isn't it?  You don't have to "move things over" from your LL viewer to Firestorm.  Your inventory is always on Linden Lab's servers.  The only thing that's on your own computer is a cloned copy -- your inventory cache -- that your viewer uses for quick lookups.  When you suddenly have an apparent inventory loss, it's because that cached copy was damaged somehow.  The REAL inventory on the servers is safe.  So, all you need to do is delete the cached copy and force the viewer to download a fresh one.  Normally, I'd recommend that you do a straightforward "manual" cache clear >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_cache_clear

In this case, I suspect that the damage was done when you downloaded and set up Firestorm, possibly because you didn't do a CLEAN install.  I'm going to recommend that you do that now, and kill two birds with one stone >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_clean_reinstall

• Like 2

Ah, OK. So maybe the clean reinstall now isn't necessary. It can't hurt, though. Incidentally, when you have more than one viewer on your machine, some people feel that it's important to install (or reinstall) the one you plan to use most often last. I have never seen the logic in that, since the files for different viewers are always stored in different locations, but you may still hear that advice. Again, it can't hurt ....

• Like 1

The clean install was necessary and now all back. Whew. That is interesting about installing the preferred viewer last. And therein could have been the issue with the lost inventory. Live and Learn - again thank you so much Rolig. You are an invaluable resource!!! Namaste

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.