Inventory loss

RaineBernheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The past 3 days, oveer 23K items (a lot of RL money) have "poofed" in my inventory.  Anyone know where I go how to retrieve it.  There is a place in SL (protected land) where to you can go and inv will load if in a laggy place.  Can't recall though.  Thank you in advance for your help.

3 answers to this question

Hi Raine,

This happens now and then. Your inventory is still on the SL servers, but your PC lost track of what's in it. You'll have to flush out the broken list and rebuild a new one. Here's how to do that...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_loss

The part you want is this...

Clearing Second Life's cache

Second Life uses hard drive space on your computer to store data, including a list of items in your inventory. If this cache becomes corrupted or your Viewer did not completely fetch your inventory, items in your inventory may erroneously appear to be missing. In many cases, your items are not lost and will reappear after you clear Second Life's cache: 

1. Go to Edit > Preferences on the menu bar 
  2. Click the Privacy tab 
  3. Click the Clear History button 
  4. Exit Second Life 
  5. Log back into Second Life 
  6. Wait in place for 5 minutes; Second Life needs to reload much of your previously cached information.

That last part is important, when you log back in, don't TP anywhere, just be patient while the inventory list reloads. If it doesn't seem to be reloading, or it's reloading very slowly, try searching for something, anything, in the inventory window.

And if this problem pops up again in the future, it may be that your connection to SL is spotty. Here's Nalates Urriah's compendium of ways to improve that...

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hello

I just wanted to say thank you for this Answer post it came in handy and I was able to recover my inventory and all that was lost. I wasn't so sure it would work laughs and was surprised when all of a sudden things started to pop back into my folders/sub folders... I made it through steps 1-5, nothing more was needed. So a big Thank You!!! for this post.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.