Dropped my hud and now I can't find it

AmberlinK

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I purchased your mama allpa female had. I was testing out the setting options to familiarize with the hud. I was doing a test delivery but the prim baby wasn't showing up so I trying to see if there was an issue and in doing so dropped the hud. Now I am unable to find it. So is there anyway I can find it or do I have to purchase a new one?

3 answers to this question

Welcome to the cfrowd.  We have each done that at least once.  The lesson, obviously, is to rez tiny, almost invisible objects on a flat, untextured surface and to be sure that your camera is focused on them at all times.  Too late now.  :smileysad:  OK, so now you need a beacon.  Hit CTRL + Shift + Alt + N and set it to highlight scripted objects.  That will make it fairly easy to see exactly where your HUD is, especially since you already know roughly where it is already.  You can also look for the HUD with Build >> Pathfinding >> Linksets, which you set to look for your own objects.  A HUD is indeed tiny and may be transparent when you look at it from the wrong side, so you'll get practice using the camera.  Good luck.  

• Like 3

Rolig has good suggestions.

You can also right click on something/anything and select EDIT. Then left-click and drag acros the area where you think you dropped it. With any luck that will select it and light it up with the highlight glow.

You can also press Ctrl-Alt-T to make transparent objects visible. That will help if you are looking at the HUD from the wrong side, as Rolig said, the invisible side.

As long as the item is No-Transfer, you should be able to talk the vendor out of another copy. You'll need to include a transaction number and date of your purchase. Send a sweetly worded message in a note card asking for help. Be sure you check the stores intructions for contacting them for support.

Also, check to see if the merchant has a replacement vendor in their shop. Many merchants track sales and have re-delivery devices for those like you that loose things, I've done it too.

Good luck... :)

PS: You can get the transaction number from your dashboard in the web site.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.