Can't add to root folder 'my outfits' without the item immediately going into the trash folder.

Chinookarch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I use the "my outfits" folder to control my clothing inventory. I have everything organized into seperate folders like hair or shoes etc. Recently (about 2 weeks) I have not been able to move or add any inventory item without it going immediately into the trash folder. I am able to restore the item but it goes beneath the 'trash' folder and cannot be moved back to where it was.  Is there a setting that I may have accidentally clicked? I am using the stock SL viewer.

1 answer to this question

I didn't think it was released for general use yet (and it may not be), but an upcoming viewer version will, in addition to its many new benefits, also disable the ability to create subfolders in Outfits.

But, I don't really think that's your problem.

Here's another thought.  My Outfits is supposed to contain LINKS to things, not the actual things themselves.  I've never run into an actual prohibition, but then that may be simply that I haven't tried.

When creating an outfit, DON'T drag objects into My Outfits.  Instead, create the outfit by putting on all the things you want to wear for your look.  When you're sure you've got it all just so, right click your avatar and select Appearance/Edit Outfit, then click the little arrow at the bottom by the Save button and choose Save As.  Give your outfit a unique name, and click Save.

You should now see a new folder in My Outfits, full of Links to your clothing items.

For a longer explanation, see my blog post, "The Ins and Outs of Outfits."

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.